Best flash tape
Clothing malfunction is quite common, and women always feel embarrassed if something like that happens. We are all familiar with flashing too much cleavage, losing a button on our shirts, or hanging hemlines of our pants. However, instead of carrying with you some thread and a needle, you can use flash tape. It is far more convenient than a needle, and a lot easier to use.
What is flash tape and how to use it
Flash tape, also known as fashion tape, apparel tape, or lingerie tape, is a double-sided adhesive tape that is designed to fix clothing malfunction in just a minute. Women all around the world use it for their shirts, pants, dresses, and lingerie. It is a quick fix to virtually any clothing issue you may have.
Flash tape is very easy to use. You just remove one side of the protective cover and stick it to your clothing. Once it is secure, you remove the second cover and attach it to your skin. The adhesive is so strong that it will hold very well throughout the day without becoming undone.
Why not regular tape?
You may be wondering why you need flash tape and cannot use regular tape instead. In fact, I have seen women doing it a bunch of times. While some of them are lucky and do not experience any adverse effects, others are allergic to the adhesive. After all, scotch tape is not designed to come in close contact with the skin. That is the primary difference between flash tape and regular tape. The former is created especially for the skin so that you do not develop a skin rash or an allergic reaction.
The second significant difference between the two is the quality of the adhesive. The scotch tape is made to hold together two dry surfaces, and the adhesive is meant for other materials than the skin. The skin, however, can be oily and you sweat. If you wear scotch tape instead of flash tape, the minute you break a sweat the tape will come off. That does not happen with flash tape. It stays put. Of course, you need to make sure that the surface of the skin on which you want to stick the tape is dry before you apply the tape, but once you do that, you do not have to worry about it coming off.
Why you should have flash tape at hand
Most people like fixing their clothing using a needle and thread. While that is not a bad solution per se, the flash tape is better. Here is how it can come in handy.
- You can make quick fixes – imagine you are at work and one of the buttons of your shirt comes undone. What do you do? Are you going to take off your shirt and sew the button back? That is if you can find it. Why not use flash tape and fix your shirt in just a minute. Just go to the bathroom, apply the flash tape, and you are done. Flash tape is so much more convenient than sewing, don’t you think?
- You can make quick alterations – I think that all women have a pair of long pants in their wardrobe, and they are usually too long. While that is fine when you wear a pair of stilettos, if you wear flats, you are going to drag the hemlines through dust all day long. And let’s face it. Who likes to wear stilettos all day every day? The solution would be to take a needle and some thread and alter the pants temporarily. However, that can damage your pants. That is why it is best if you use flash tape instead. Just adjust the pants to the desired length and apply the tape. The alteration is fast and unnoticeable.
- No more too much cleavage – women never lack dresses in their wardrobe. However, sometimes, we like a dress on a mannequin, we try it on only to notice that there is too much cleavage. Especially if you bend over to get something. Some dresses have open-sides design, and while that is sexy, accidents can happen. I am referring to revealing mishaps. Flash tape can fix that. Just stick it to the areas you want to secure, and then attach it to your skin. You can wear open-sided dresses and deep plunge dresses as much as you want. The tape will make sure that you do not have to keep an eye on your clothing at all times. It is quite liberating.
How to choose the best flash tape?
While there are many such products on the market, unfortunately, not all of them are worthy of your attention. That is because some products are falsely advertised, and the most common issue is that the adhesive will not hold for as long as you want. Be careful about what you are buying, and never buy a random product. Here are some things you should consider before making a purchase.
- The quality of the adhesive – if you buy flash tape with poor adhesive, it is like not buying flash tape at all. There is no point in spending money on something that does not work. You cannot tell if the adhesive is good or bad just by looking at the product online, but you could read some reviews and see what other women thought of a particular tape. That way you can buy one that actually does what it is supposed to.
- Hypoallergenic properties – since the flash tape will come in contact with your skin, you need to buy a product that does not cause allergies or rashes. Think about the fact that you may be wearing the tape all day long, and your skin needs to withstand it. Some flash tapes are FDA approved, so if you have sensitive skin, I advise you to go for one of those models.
- Water-resistant – while this may not always be necessary, it is best if you go for a product that is water-resistant. Maybe you get caught in the rain, or perhaps you want to go swimming. A lot of women secure their bathing suits using flash tape. If it becomes undone because of the water, then there is no point in buying the flash tape in the first place, is there? Lucky for you, there are a lot of flash tapes out there which have this property, and you can rest assured that no matter what you do, your clothing will stay put.
- No residue – when you peel off a piece of scotch tape off a particular item, some adhesive will be left behind. Unfortunately, some flash tapes do the same. My recommendation is to go for a product that does not. Leaving the adhesive behind entails a dirty spot if you do not clean it right away, and it comes off pretty hard when you need to wash it.
What is the best flash tape?
Looking for the best flash tape should not be difficult. There are plenty of models to choose from. However, I repeat, do not buy the first product you see. Take a look at multiple, read some flash tape reviews online, and do not forget to read the specifications of a product before you buy it. If you like, you can go for one of the products below.
Braza Flash Tape
I think this product is the most popular flash tape you can find online. Judging by how many people bought it and the reviews, there is no reason to believe that it does not work as advertised. In fact, it is one of the best flash tapes too. According to the thousands of buyers, the Braza flash tape works perfectly in any circumstances.
You can find this flash tape in multiple lengths, although a 20-feet roll should have you going for a very long time. The double-sided adhesive measures 5/8 inches in width, which is perfect for any given situation. Plus, the tape comes in a fumble-free dispenser that ensures a convenient ‘crack and peel’ action for easy application. You can peel just as much as you need and solve any emergencies you may have.
The flash tape from Braza has an excellent quality. Not only that the adhesive holds as it should, but the water-resistant properties make it stay put in wet situations. So, if you want to secure your bathing suit, this tape allows that. The medical-grade adhesive sticks to both skin and fabric, and its hypoallergenic properties will prevent any rashes or allergies. I think that you will be quite comfortable wearing it.
Hollywood Fashion Secrets Apparel Tape
The second product that I found to be of high quality is the one manufactured by Hollywood Fashion Secrets. It is yet another reliable flash tape that can save you in awkward situations such as your shirt losing a button or securing a cleavage. It is not similar to the previous product as far as the dispenser goes. This product actually contains 3 tins, and each contains 36 clear tape strips. So as far as the length of the tape goes, you are somewhat limited. But the tape will hold, so you have nothing to worry about.
The flash tape from Hollywood Fashion secrets is a medical quality double-stick tape. It is very gentle on your skin so that you do not develop allergies or skin rashes. Once you remove it, the skin will look just as it did when you first applied the strip.
This tape is very easy to use. It can help you with any clothing mishaps you may experience. You do not have to sew, iron, or use pins. Plus, the strips will leave no sticky residues on your skin or on the fabric. I am sure you are going to enjoy it just as much as other thousands of women who have already bought and used the product.
Gaudy Guru Clear Fashion Tape Strips
Last but definitely not least, the fashion tape strips from Gaudy Guru are also useful in unexpected situations. Just put a few of these in your purse or wallet, and you do not have to worry about clothing accidents ever again. The strips will help you perform small repairs or adjustments wherever and whenever you want.
The medical grade adhesive is not only strong and capable of holding your clothes together all day long, but it is also hypoallergenic so that it is incredibly gentle on your skin. You should not develop allergies or rashes from it. However, the manufacturer recommends that before you use it on a regular basis, you should take a test. Just apply one of the strips for a few seconds on your skin just to see how it reacts.
The box contains 108 fashion tape strips. It should be enough for a while. It is very easy to use, and when you take a strip off, you will notice that there will be no residue on your clothing or on your skin. The clear fashion tape from Gaudy Guru will save you a lot of embarrassment when needed, and it can make your cleavage more modest when necessary. I am sure you will find it most useful.
I am sure that no matter which product you choose, you will find it most useful. But, if I were to pick, I would go with the Braza Flash Tape. I like the fact that it does not come in strips so you can cut the desired length. I think it is one of the best flash tapes you can buy.
I find that flash tapes can be incredibly useful. Women are always expected to look their best, but accidents happen, and there is really not much you can do about it. However, if you have some flash tape in your purse, it can be a lifesaver. One of the products above will suit just fine no matter if you need it for quick repair or temporary adjustments. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The 5-Minute Rule for Flashing Membrane
- Things You Should Know About Adhesive Flashing Tape
- What Everybody Is Saying About Flashing Tape for Windows Is Dead Wrong and Why
- Sealing Tape for Windows – Is it a Scam?
- Where to Find Mylar Tape
- The Most Popular Dress Tape
- A Startling Fact about Window Installation Tape Uncovered
- What Needs to be Done About Mylar Flash Tape
- Self Adhesive Roof Flashing Options
- The Ultimate 3m Tape Trick
- All About Bird Repellent Scare Tape
- What to Expect From Rubber Flashing?
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Braza Flash Tape
- What to Expect From Foil Tape?
- Bird Reflective Tape Exposed
- The Roof Sealing Tape Cover Up
- Reflective Flash Tape Explained
- Vital Pieces of Double Sided Tape
- The Characteristics of Bird Flash Tape
- Top Window Seal Tape Reviews!
- Flexible Flashing Tape – a Short Outline
- Life After Adhesive Flashing
- The Demise of Bird B Gone Flash Tape
- The Chronicles of Self Adhesive Flashing Tape
- A History of Scare Tape Refuted
- Bird Scare Flash Tape Reviews & Tips
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Bird Repellent Tape and How It Can Affect You
- Things You Should Know About Self Adhesive Flashing
- What to Expect From Bird Deterrent Tape?
- The Bizarre Secret of Bird Tape
- Rumors, Deception and Roof Flashing Tape
- The Number One Article on Bird Scare Tape
- Up in Arms About Roofing Tape?
- What Window Flashing Tape Is – and What it Is Not
- The Battle Over Window Flashing and How to Win It